Re: USA's politics and ideologies suck! (was: Re:finally!)

On Sep 13, 2001 MikeG <mikeg@mikeg.net> wrote
   in <tq15ea4dmjj0fe@corp.supernews.com>:

> "Jeffrey Goldberg" <{$news}$@goldmark.org> wrote:
>
> > It is important for Bush to repeatedly, emphatically and
> > unambigously state that there is no intention to move
> > toward first stike capability.  He has not done that.
>
> How do you know? Are you party to his discussions with Putin?

Let me add to "repeatedly, emphatically and unambiguously" the word
"publically".

There have been no public statements of that nature.

Private dealings on how what kind of missle defense system doesn't give
anyone first strike capability are a different matter.  But on the
question of the capability, the statements need to be clear and public.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
 I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html