Re: WW3?

On Sep 12, 2001 Michael Papsdorf <webmaster@twilight-scenery.de> wrote
   in <9nmg4a$f84$06$1@news.t-online.com>:

> does anybody see any chance we could get around world war 3?

That would require major powers on either side.  While I can imagine a
scenario in which that happens[1], it just isn't plausible.

-j

It involves, in order of appearence:

   *US
    Afghanistan
   *Pakistan
   *India
   *China
   *Russia

A "*" is put by all nuclear powers, though some are limited.

(with other players, but that is the crucial sequence.  I see it as
extremely unlikely.  I can't really see other substantially distinct
scenarioes which get major powers on different sides).

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
 I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html