- A serious information provider needs to have some sense
of what goes on behind the scenes to seamlessly provide
documents to the consumer.
- Example: Understanding about how files and directories are
referred to by the webserver software can help you produce sets
of documents which are easier to maintain and move.
- Example: Understanding about how webservers treat directories
can help you provide documents which get to the consumer
with less network overhead.
- Example: Understanding about how servers and clients cooperate
to decide how a document should be handled will help ensure
that your consumers have the power to process your documents in
a way that is best suited to them.
- There are scores of other examples, and those mentioned have
only touched on the surface.
A copy of these slides will be available at